Skip to main content

Bear time


Riding Day 23     June 22     

Prince George, BC To Fort St John, BC

Ride Mileage :  278            Weather condition: perfect 

Total Mileage :  4714


There are definitely days better than others. Last night after a short day riding in the rain to Prince George I was feeling a bit depressed. I did not mentioned the diner at a sushi place on my yesterday blog, probably the worse experience in my life. I ordered a  Bento box where everything was pretty much fake, I had hard time to distinguish between the salmon and tuna, not to mention the teriyaki beef… well you don’t want to know. By 7pm I went to bed hoping I would still be alive in the morning.

5AM, some light behind the curtains, I felt really good. Woke up check the sky, no rain, almost blue, ho ho sounds pretty good start. Indeed…




Left Prince George at 6:30am, it was a bit chilly but great blue sky, awesome start.



Each year In Chetwynd, there is a world chainsaw carving championship. Sculptures are everywhere in town from past contests and last week was the 2022 edition. 

 

 

 
From last week contest 

Also from last week 

 


On my way to Chetwynd, I saw my first bear on the side of the road. It was a mother black bear with her cubs. Cute! but could not turn around to take a picture. Sorry folks next time!

After Chetwynd, I left the 97 and took the 29 to Hudson’s hope where I stop for a snack. Then, as I was ready to leave something really annoying happened, the main zipper slider of my riding jacket broke and I couldn’t close it anymore. Pretty bad! It’s clear that I can’t ride with an open jacket so I had to find a solution and rather quickly because tomorrow it’s going to rain again. I remembered that last time something last that happened to me, I found the right part at Walmart. So I changed my plan for the night to take a motel at Fort St John and shop at the local Walmart for the part. It was my lucky day, they had the part I was looking for. Incredibly lucky!!!





I found a clean and cheap motel for the night and met a friendly rider on a BM 1200 that is heading to Tiktoyaktuk. We went for a beer and light diner. Nice evening, tomorrow we are going to ride together to Fort Nelson.

What a day!


Video of the day



Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments