Skip to main content

Entering Washington state, more rain

 

Day 18     June 17     

Bend, OR to Yakima, WA

Ride Mileage :  239            Weather condition: Rain 

Total Mileage :  3614


Left Bend this morning around 6:30am. The weather forecast was not great, lots of rain on the way and I had to change my route this morning as a desperate attempt to avoid some heavy showers. 


My brother is heading back to Arizona via Colorado while I’m continuing my journey toward Alaska.





Well my plan did not work very well, I got rain all the way to The Dalles so I stopped at the local Starbucks for an hour to let the heavy rain moves more West. The remaining 90 miles to Yakima were a little bit more dry but the overall day ride was shitty. 

The bridge across the Colombia river at The Dalles



Since there is still some rain in the forecast for tomorrow, I’m going to shortcut the initial route to Shelan and ride straight to Oroville tomorrow for a border crossing early Sunday morning.



Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments