Skip to main content

Entering British Columbia, Canada


Riding Day 20     June 19     

Oroville, WA to Kamloops, BC

Ride Mileage :  220            Weather condition: Rain, a bit chilly at higher elevation 

Total Mileage :  4104


I was watching the weather forecast last night hoping that I will get a nice and dry ride to Kamloops in Canada for Father’s Day. Well When I woke up this morning around 5:30am it was raining and the forecast didn’t really want to cooperate with my Father’s Day wishes. Too bad but I had to move on anyway because I booked a motel in Kamloops for the night and did the paperwork submission for crossing Canada border.

By 9:30am It was still raining, but I have very good waterproof gears and my hard cases haven’t taken any water so far. The border crossing went very smoothly…I was the only one… and I think the officer was quite happy to see someone he can talk to. 10 minutes later I was on my way to Kamloops…under the rain unfortunately.





I stopped in Peachland for a coffee and snack and in Merrit to refuel and get some Canadian dollars. 
There are not much options as far as roads are concerned, I will have to decide by Prince George weather I go through the Cassiar Hwy or the Alaska Hwy. I think the weather forecast will drive the decision.




Not much pictures today. I was not in the mood for taking pictures by 40F and rain and riding in this weather requires much more focus.

Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments