Skip to main content

Resting and planning


Riding Day 30     June 30 

Fairbanks, AK

Ride Mileage :  0            Weather condition: a bit smoky  

Total Mileage :  6330


No ride today just resting and planning the next move.

The Sven’s basecamp is the perfect place in Fairbanks for relaxing and meet a bunch of riders.



Today I just went in the morning to the grocery store to buy some food and just relax the entire afternoon planning the next move. My shoulder still hurt a bit and I’m pretty much sure that I got an AC separation, same thing I had a couple years ago when I felt on the New Mexico BDR. It will  take some time to heel but in a year it will get back to normal. No big deal and I know I can ride the bike, just take it a bit more slowly.
As far as next steps, I will probably go for a day ride to the Dalton Hwy. After all, the main purpose of this trip was to do the Dalton, so being so close and not being able to do it is somewhat very frustrating. I just can’t take the risk of the four days round trip to Deadhorse with one arm and half used tires. But a day ride up to theYukon river seems pretty feasible.

Late afternoon I met the rider who owns the Royal Enfield that I spotted  in Dawson city and took picture (see Dawson post). This guy, Fabian, is from Switzerland, and left the country six years ago on the very same bike. He did change the engine before leaving to a Diesel engine, the sound is quite incredible. This Bullet Royal Enfield is an original 1972 model built in India. He did ride the entire world and for the last year or so is riding from Ushuaia to Deadhorse. Amazing!!






Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments