Skip to main content

Stuck in Prince George


Riding Day 22     June 21    

Quesnel, BC to Prince George, BC

Ride Mileage :  81            Weather condition: Poor. Non stop  rain 

Total Mileage :  4436


So sure enough when I woke up this morning it was raining and the forecast confirmed that there will be rain all day. No rush, take it easy, you know It’s going to be miserable…

I went for breakfast and I saw the two riders I met last evening, they were heading to Chetwynd and since I was going to take the Alaska hwy route , it was also my plan. As usual, I always check for accommodation at destination just to have an idea of what’s available. For some reasons, all the hotels and motels were sold out for that night. This is the first time it happens but I should have been more cautious in my planning. 

There was some motel room available farther north of Chetwynd but that was adding another 60 miles to the 250 miles already, it’s a lot when raining!

I left for Prince George, about 80 miles north, with the plan to reassess the weather forecast and options when I get there. I found a nice Starbucks in the Ramada hotel downtown PG to relax a bit. After an hour or so, it was still raining pretty hard and the forecast for Chetwynd was still bad. I decided to stay in PG for the night and have an early morning start.



The two rivers gallery, unfortunately it was closed 



At the Starbucks 

Motel for the night. I always try to park close to the lobby, it’s safer.


Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments