Skip to main content

Alaska Highway Survivor


Riding Day 37    July 8

Whitehorse , YT round trip

Ride Mileage :  190           Weather condition: ideal

Total Mileage :  7691


I was going to rest in Haines junction for a day and check if I could see a doctor for my shoulder. Unfortunately at the local health center there is no doctor, only a nurse. The closest medical center would be in Whitehorse at about 92 miles from Haines junction. Since it was not too late in the day I decided to ride there. 

I spent about 3 hours at the hospital but I was able to get an X-ray and see a doctor. Nothing broken just torn ligaments and inflammation, I just need to take it easy on the shoulder for a month or two.

If you are not a Canadian resident enrolled into the healthcare system, you’ll have to pay a flat fee for the hospital registration ($620 Canadian dollars), this amount doesn’t include the doctor fees…but includes services such as X-ray. Anyway it was good to know that I survive the Alaska highway without much damage!!



Was back to Haines Junction late afternoon for my last night in Yukon. Tomorrow I will cross again the US border on my way to Haines.




Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments