Skip to main content

Last day in Colorado


Riding Day 50    July 23

Silverthorne, CO to Buffalo springs campground, CO

Ride Mileage :  93         Weather condition: fair with shower late afternoon 

Total Mileage :  9996


It was a fairly short ride today, not because I didn’t want to ride more south but simply because it’s Saturday and it’s very difficult to find lodging. I booked this campground a week ago and there was only one spot available. I have also tried the first come first serve occasionally without much success. 

Anyway today was good ride, not super scenic, with pretty heavy traffic in Breckenridge but the Hoosier pass at 11,539ft is pretty cool.

I stopped in Alma, the highest town in North America (10,500ft), for breakfast and had a good chat with the owner of the food truck. 

I took a 20 miles gravel road in the countryside, not bad and quiet. I arrived pretty early at the Buffalo Springs campground, but just in time to setup my tent before a short thunderstorm. Then it rained all night…


Mt Lincoln at the top of the hoosier pass


Elevation chart for today’s ride




Breakfast in Alma


Buffalo springs campground 


Video of the day 


Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments