Skip to main content

Boarding the Matanuska


Riding Day 39    July 10

Haines, AK

Ride Mileage :  30           Weather condition: rain 

Total Mileage :  7905


Weather was not good early morning and the forecast was showing rain for most of the day. The cabin checkout was at noon so I stayed as much as I could and then left for lunch at the Bamboo restaurant where they serve a very good halibut fish and ships. I still had plenty of time so I went to the Chilkoot lake state park that is famous for seeing bears catching salmons. Spent a couple of hours there and but didn’t see any bears, apparently it is later on in the season when salmons are more abundant. There was few people fishing around so I could chat a bit. Around 4pm, I went to the Ferry Terminal to do my check in and stayed there until boarding which was delayed again. We finally boarded the Matanuska by 10pm. Long day!!



The Chilkoot lake





Chilkoot lake park 


The Matanuska 




Finally boarding the Matanuska at 10pm.






Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments