Skip to main content

Riding to Haines


Riding Day 38    July 9

Haines Junction , YT to Haines, AK

Ride Mileage :  140           Weather condition: cloudy and chilly 

Total Mileage :  7865


What an awesome ride today!! The weather was not great but I didn’t get any rain which was good. I was a bit surprised by the temperature as I didn’t expect it was going to be around the mid 40 in the mountains. The elevation is just above 3000 ft so not really high but it was chilly compared to Haines Junction I just left. The Haines Hwy is absolutely great and very quiet, there is almost no traffic and over the 120 miles I barely saw a vehicle.


















My little cabin for the night.

Just got an email from the Alaska Ferry that my ferry scheduled for tomorrow morning 8:30am has been delayed and the new schedule is 7pm Sunday evening. Unfortunately it is going to rain tomorrow all day…I’ll need to find a shelter!!




 



Video of the day (quite long today)





Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments