Skip to main content

Entering Utah


Riding Day 47    July 20

Pinedale, WY to Dutch John, UT

Ride Mileage :  172         Weather condition: nice morning, hot afternoon 

Total Mileage :  9537


I was hoping to have a good dinner last night but unfortunately I picked probably the worst restaurant in town. My first choice was unfortunately closed. 

The first part of the ride toward Rock Springs was pretty much flat with not much around. About mid way I stopped in a middle of nowhere under a tree to get some shade and relax. Five minutes later, a truck stopped by and a pretty cool old guy started asking questions about my ride. He told me that he was born few miles from here and never left the place. I was a bit surprise  because there is not much around and when I mentioned that he simply replied “you would think!”. Later on while riding, I was still thinking about what the guy was saying and realized that with our “urbanized eyes” we don’t necessarily see what’s all around and understand what’s been there for millennia.

After Rock Springs the décor changed, it became more hilly and I decided to take a dirt road to see a bit more of the wilderness. This little road was a heaven, so peaceful that I could have been riding it for miles and miles…at the end just a great day!











Basic cabin for the night (no water, bunk bed)

Video of the day 



Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments