Skip to main content

Back to the lower 48


Riding Day 40    July 13

Bellingham, WA to Amak, WA

Ride Mileage :  203         Weather condition: nice morning hot afternoon 

Total Mileage :  8108


After almost three days on a boat I was ready for a good ride again. The boat arrived on time in Bellingham and it didn’t take long to get out of the the ferry as all the bikes were parked next to the exit door. 

20 miles south of Bellingham, I took the Hwy 20 towards Winthrop and Okanogan. This section up to Winthrop is gorgeous and goes through the North Cascades national park and Diablo lake. Winthrop is quite a touristic place and looks very much like an old west town. I was willing to spend the night there but could not find any accommodations. There was quite a lot of campground on the way but I was really looking for a motel for the night because I had to do a bunch of laundry. I ended it up in Omak in a pretty sh.. motel were I could not even do the laundry because the machine was broken…For the first time in my life I had to go to a laundromat…an interesting experience to say the least. By 7pm, I was done and rewarded myself with a couple of margaritas in a near by Mexican restaurant. My food expectations after the hotel and laundry experience weren’t very high but I was wrong. I had a nice dinner and the margaritas were excellent…but tomorrow I’ll go camping.







Bellingham 








The Diablo lake

Video of the day 




Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments