Skip to main content

Yellowstone National Park


Riding Day 45    July 18

Island Park, ID to Jackson Lake, WY

Ride Mileage :  163         Weather condition: cloudy , nice temperature 

Total Mileage :  9144


The river lodge was very comfortable and a good night sleep makes a big difference. All that to say that I didn’t start the ride very early but it didn’t really matter because I will stay at pretty high elevation today (6000 to 8000ft range) and the temperature is going to be really nice. I stopped at a gas station/grocery store to buy some stuff for tonight but could not find anything that looks eatable. I think I’m done with chilly can or other Campbell soups for a while.

I stopped at the Yellowstone west village for a good breakfast. The way I choose a place is pretty much random but it must advertise espresso and be inviting. So I stopped at this bakery this morning that met all the criteria, cool place, good breakfast and nice chat with the owner which happens to be french and also a motorcycle rider. What else can you ask for!!

Getting to Yellowstone national park took about 15 minutes, not bad for such a touristic place. It’s obviously hard to see everything in few hours, this place would deserve several days, there are so many trails that looks amazing. Anyway the little I did was great and I was quite impressed by these smoky holes and the scary noise coming from the ground. Definitely a beautiful ride.




















Lizard creek campground for the night, north of Jackson lake 


Today’s video 





Next Post
« Prev Post
Previous Post
Next Post »

Comments